Monday 6 April 2015

India Tutorial

Good morning, everyone, I thought I would do something different today and have prepared a tutorial.  Hope everyone can understand it!
 
Recipe:
 
White cardstock from crafty stash
Creata Black mirror card
Creata Red mirror card
Bugaboo Elephant Paisley digi image
Red foil
Sheena Douglass embossing folder
Tonic fancy rectangle and alphabet dies
White super smooth paper for insert
Sentiment from My Paper Stash
 
Here goes with the tutorial:
 
First of all. you need to print out the digi image onto white cardstock using a laser printer.  If you want to foil an image, you have to use a laser printer or have the image copied at a photocopy shop.  Foiling will not work when using an ink jet printer.

 

Next, insert the image into a carrier sheet and add a piece of red foil on top, then pass through a hot foiling machine.


The result is a fabulous red foiled elephant image which I think is pretty impressive.


For the next step, run the black mirror card through the embossing folder.  This is one of Sheena Douglass' Indian range.  Once embossed, sand back to reveal the white core and make the elephants pop off the page.


Next, take the Tonic dies and cut the image out first, then another two different sizes, one in red mirror card and one in white card. Die cut the letters in red mirror card ready to matt onto white cardstock.  Use a corner punch to round off the edges.


The main base card is a piece of A4 black cardstock folded in half to make an A5 landscape card blank.

Matt and layer all the elements as above and voila this is the finished card.


To complete add an insert with a sentiment cut around with fancy scissors.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my tutorial.  I would love you to leave some feedback if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx