Wednesday 1 April 2015

On safari

Inspiration Destination
Good morning everyone,  I can't believe its time for another challenge over at Inspiration Destination.  We would love you to join in with the challenge and you can find the link here http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/AG-no-27.html

Our sponsor today is A Day for Daisies

http://adayfordaisies.com/
Here is my DT make for this week's challenge.

Recipe:

White cardstock from crafty stash
Black textured paper from crafty stash
Silver mirror card from crafty stash
Backing paper from Stitch on Safari CD by Debbi Moore
Tonic fancy rectangle die
A Day for Daisies Flower Monkey digi image coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils and Copics
Sheena Douglass embossing folder from her Indian collection
Butterfly embellishment from crafty stash
Hunkydory sentiment
Black satin ribbon

Complete card view


Inside view

To create this card I folded an A4 piece of white card to make an A5 landscape card, then folded the front half to make the easel.

I added the black textured paper to the front of the easel and after colouring the image I die cut this and added it to the front to the left.

I added the backing paper on the bottom half of the card, then mounted the sentiment onto a small piece of black textured paper, then added this to a slightly bigger piece of white cardstock. I then mounted this to the base of the card using foam pads to form the stopper.  I also added a black ribbon bow to the right-hand side just to balance the easel mechanism.

Finally, I fussy cut around the embossed jungle leaves and added them next to the topper and finished with a butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my DT make.

1 comment:

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx