Sunday 22 November 2015

Winter wonderland

Good morning everyone, here is my make for today.  I am entering this into the Faery Ink November 2015 Challenge.  Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1646059252331881&type=1

Card recipe: 

White cardstock from crafty stash
Backing card from a free paper pad which came with a magazine
Green satin board from Create and Craft
Tonic circle dies
Sentiment from Hunkydory
Corner punch
Faery Ink Arielle and Ian snowball fight digi image coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils
Glitter
Pebeo white acrylic paint
Tim Holtz distress inks
Drawing Gum from Sheena Douglass
Tattered Lace snowy die

To create this card I scored and folded a sheet of A4 white card to make a 16cm x 16cm square card blank.

To this I added a smaller piece of backing card which had been rounded on all four corners.

To create my background, I covered the digi image with the drawing gum, left to dry and then used the distress inks by swiping across a piece of acetate which I had die cut with the snowy die.  Once this had dried I rubbed off the drawing gum which left my image completely white.  I then coloured this using the Copics and Prismacolour pencils, added the glitter using wet glue and the snow dots using an embossing tool dipped in the white acrylic paint (Barbara Gray showed this technique one morning on TV which I thought was a fantastic tip).

Next I used the circle dies to cut out my image and a slightly larger one in the satin board.  After matt and layering these I added to my main card using foam tape.

Finally, I added my sentiment to the top left hand side of my finished card.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you like my make for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx