Saturday 30 January 2016

Fairy Valentine

Hi everyone, here is what I've working on this morning.  Its a birthday card for a friend.

Card recipe:
View of card when closed

White cardstock from crafty stash
Gold mirror card from crafty stash
Backing paper from DCWV
Tattered Lace Heart dies
Music notes embossing folder
Graph It silver high light pen
White Sakura 3D Glaze pen
Organza ribbon flower from crafty stash
Spellbinders flourish die
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink
Gorgeous Faery Ink freebie image coloured with Copics and Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor pencils
Faux pearls
Sentiment from Hunkydory

To create this card I cut a sheet of A4 card to measure 28cm x 14cm.  I then scored each end of the card at 7cm to create the gatefold card blank.

I then added pieces of backing paper to pieces of gold mirror card and added to the front panels of my card.

I die cut 5 hearts by layering them onto some white card and taping using low tack tape.  Then I ran the hearts through the embossing folder before inking around the edges with the distress ink.

Next I glued them to the front of my panels making sure they interlocked so that you can open and close the card finishing with a small gold heart in the centre.

Inside view of card
After colouring my image I die cut her with a larger heart and matted her onto some more of the backing paper before adding to the inside of my card as the main feature.

Finally, I added the flower and flourish embellishment on the left hand panel, the sentiment and faux pearls on the right hand panel to complete my project.







Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you like what I've created today.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx