Thursday 28 January 2016

Ice & Snow

Good morning everyone, here is what I've been working on today.  I am entering this into the following challenges

http://aurorawingschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/challenge-22-ice-snow.html#
http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

Card recipe: 

White cardstock from crafty stash
Silver mirror card from crafty stash
Tonic fancy rectangle dies
Leaf embossing folder from Sheena Douglass
Memento Sky Blue ink
Tattered Lace blossom dies
Aurora Wings Ice Snow Queen digi image coloured with Copics and Sakura Glaze pens
Faux gems
Hot Foil machine and silver foil

To create this card I ran a sheet of A4 white card through the embossing folder, then scored and folded to make a 15cm by 15cm square card blank.  I added the sky blue ink using a foam pad gently across the leaf pattern to highlight.

Before colouring my image I hot foiled her in silver.  Next I coloured, die cut her and matt and layered onto some silver mirror card before adding to the left hand side of my main card blank using foam tape.

Finally, I die cut some flowers and leaves, adding them down the right hand side of my card using glue gel and stuck some faux gems in the centre of the flowers.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you like what I've created.

5 comments:

  1. Love the icy feel here, Wendy! I'll have to investigate hot foiling because the I love the effect on this gorgeous card. Fabulous work. Thanks so much for joining our Ice & Snow Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna, I don't know what made me think of foiling this, but I was really pleased with the result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this thank you for joining us at the WWODTC
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so beautiful.
    Thank you for entering the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #08 and best of luck with your entry.
    Don't forget, all winners from our monthly challenges from all categories are eligible to enter the "Champion of Champions" DT Challenge on 1st March 2016. Winners from this current challenge will also be eligible.
    Links for the Champion of Champion Challenge will be provided on our March monthly challenge as well as posted on Meet at the Scrappers Corner https://www.facebook.com/groups/694374473958879/ and also the World Wide Open DT Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1461676534124574/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very icey and stunningly beautiful in a limited palette. Gorgeous card, Wendy! Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings.
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx